Sunday, August 1, 2010

Vaction-Day 2

This morning started out with concern over my leg. Well, actually my foot. It and my ankle were more swollen then they have been since I broke the leg. The skin around it was also cracking and extremely dry. We called Jasmines uncle who is a physical therapist and he said not to be alarmed. I guess the cracking is normal when it is as swollen as it is. He suggested we go buy some compression socks (the kind you see a lot of older people wear) so we did just that. I have a very stylish white and black pair. I suddenly feel the need to wear some plaid shorts, dress shoes, and walk around with a metal detector but i digress. We really can't pinpoint the reason for the sudden swelling. It may have been that the ride was a little harder on my leg than I thought; obviously I was limited in my ability to keep it elevated. I also had more pain today than I have in quite some time. Most of it was in my knee; and I can't help but get nervous when that happens. Despite the doctors feeling that the knee is okay, it will be sometime before we know that for sure. Okay, tired of the discussion about my injury? Good, because so am I.

Today, we all slept in late. We went into town and ate at a place called Doyle's. Jasmine had a huge plate of nachos, Abby had a burger, Jason had chicken wings, Hannah had chicken fingers, and yours truly put away a fried grouper that was very good, but not quite as good as Plumps in Broad Ripple.

After eating, we headed for Wal-mart to get some groceries for the the evening and for some meals to have during the remainder of the week. This was quite the adventure because we learned that GPS gets really confused when you are very close to 3 separate states! North Carolina, (where we are technically at), Tennessee, and Georgia. We plugged in "Wal-Mart", the GPS insisted it was 3 miles down the road on your right. Well, it was actually about 7 miles down the road on the right. It took about 30 minutes to find something that should have taken us about 10. Technology does in fact let you down once in awhile.

When we got back to the cabin we had a lot of fun. We enjoyed the incredible view of the Smokies again, made pizza, played a game called Imagine If, and closed out the evening by watching the Mummy. Tomorrow night I've talked them into watching Rocky, one of my all time favorites. Jason and Abby have never seen it, Jasmine is still upset with the Academy of Arts and Sciences for giving it the Oscar for best picture in 1976. She just doesn't get it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment